July 5th Start

I'm on my final week in Wellington until Brooke and I will drive up to Cape Reinga where she will drop me off and I will start my walk across New Zealand on the "Te Araroa".

I am beyond excited and scared at the same time. Since I am starting the walk in July I will be walking through lots of unpredictable weather. It will be no surprise to me if I am setting up camp in the heavy rain. That's not my concern. My concern is for all the heavy stream and river crossings that I have planned to complete over the next 120-150 days. New Zealand is notorious for its dangers with flooded rivers, possibly making sections of my planned route impassable. I will plan for detour options if this does happen and there's a good chance the weather will be adding some extra steps to my journey.

That being said, it will be cold. Much colder than most TA walkers normally experience. If I could start this walk in Novemeber I would, but my time is limited. This may be my only chance to walk the Te Araroa for a long time to come. This walk has a main purpose to raise awareness to familys  living in Nepal's Himalayas. Visit my fundraising page for more information

270$ raised so far!
www.gogetfunding.com/erics-walk-across-new-zealand/

This walk is about stories, adventure, and the great unknown outdoors. It will be long walk, and it will be a great walk

Comments

Popular Posts