Day 61 - Arrowtown to Queenstown

I left Hannah and Matt's by 930am to begin the 32km walk to Queenstown. I was quite worried that the trail today would consist mainly on the road. To my surprise though, after just a bit of road walking out of Arrowtown the track connected up with a bike trail that lead me through a golf course, and then linked up to the Haynes River track, so my exposure to the road was broken up. I still had to keep an eye out for bikers.

By noon I planned to meet up with Hannah, and another friend Alex - who I also worked with on Pete's Dragon - while they were out for an afternoon walk. It was a nice break and catch up that also involved a bit of a play with Jack.

By the time I reached Frankton - just outside of Queenstown - I was ready for my day to finish. The track from Frankton led me along the waterfront all the way to Queenstown which was nice, but today had been a hard march. My good friend Ryan, who graciously help me get me from Tekapo to Twizle had a place for me to stay here, and I was looking forward to catching up and taking one last zero day before making my final push for bluff.

Comments

Popular Posts