Day 63 - Queenstown to Greenstone Hut

This morning was rough. Hung over hiker at its finest. Ryan gave me a lift to the shuttle station for my 11:30am pickup with Glenorchy Journeys, and to my surprise they tell me that since I'm the only one going to the Greenstone station they would have to charge me for the price of two people instead of one. I was pretty butter about this, but hardly had the energy to fight it. Just get me to the trail...

I didn't explain this before, but from Queenstown to the Greenstone track is considered a natural break in the trail. The Greenstone track is actually more North than Queenstown.

Before I started the trail I ran into two TA friends Stef and Heiner. I joined them for lunch before starting the walk to Greenstone Hut. I let them take off before me as I was slow and in the mood to hike at a slow pace today.

The Greenstone track was an easy and beautiful walk. Something I needed on a day like this. It was about 15km to the first hut where I decided I was going to spend the night.

After arriving at the hut I made dinner with Stef and Heiner, drank heaps of water and cozied up for an early night's sleep. My body needs it.

Comments

Popular Posts