Day 60 - Waiting out the storm

Still waiting out the storm. I wouldn't be waiting it out alone though. Sally had a school group spending the next few days here learning outdoor skills and getting a chance to be trained on the obstacle courses. The outdoor pursuit center had a flying fox, rock climbing wall, and a harnessed climbing course.

Since Emily was new she needed to be trained. So I spent the day with her and another instructor, Honay. I was lucky enough to be the guiniepig. It was a freakishly fun day spent outdoors on equipment I usually never get to play with.

The kids went off into the forest to learn survival skills and I had another chance to organize my notes for the upcoming week to Wellington.

I became great friends with the parents that are here apart of the school, and they asked me to talk to the kids and tell them about my walk. With the little preparation I had I stepped out infront of a group of ten year old kids in they're pyjamas and told them my story. I answered all sorts of great questions for them and when I was finished one of the girls at the front said "ah, but this is so awesome!". It's been another stop that will be hard to leave, but I'm excited to step into the treacherous Tararuas.

Comments

Popular Posts