Whanganui rest day

My original plan was to walk today, but I was surprised by Brooke when she showed up in Whanganui to come spent the day with me. Even though the weather was nice I was more than happy to have one last relaxing day with my girlfriend before I made the 3 day - 100 km - walk to palmerston north.

Mikey and I said our fairwells. A simple hug and goodbye. I'll see him later on, indefinitely.

Brooke coming up to Whanganui worked out much better than I expected as it gave me the opportunity to get a proper resupply along with a good wash to my 5 day dirty clothes.

Brooke and I spent the day in the sun, drinking tea and ultimately just hanging out. It was another hard goodbye, but as soon as it passed I switched my mind back to the journey. It's time to walk.

Comments

Popular Posts