Kerikeri

One thing I have yet to talk much about is my injuries. My last 20 km on Ninety Mile beach left me with a throbing pain on the arch of my left food. After taking an extra rest day in Ahipara I decided to continue on through the pain to avoid some incoming bad weather. The pain was easier to work with in the forests, but as soon as I reached the hard cement road the pain quickly returned. Now that I've reached Kerikeri I've decided to look into the Injury further and I discovered I aquired a pain in the ass symptom called "plantar fasciitis". An injury caused by walking long distances with poor arch support in your shoes . My Asolo boots that have taken me 200km so far without a singular blister have been fantastic, but they certainly are very stiff and hard on the foot.

When I woke up in Kerikeri I was struggling to walk and knew that something needed to change. I limped to the nearest shoe store and bought some specific shoe insoles for my injury, and purchased a 4kg bag of ice. I've been taking it slow here, and plan to take some extra time before I continue.

Comments

Popular Posts