Day 54 55 - Wanaka Rest Day

My mission during my stay in Wanaka was to fix my  Fuji XT-2. It suffered a great deal of cold, condinsation and rain and I'm quite positive my weather sealing has failed. My shutter button has started working again, and also all the buttons on the back of the camera function as they should. What I discovered as my main problem is my battery. When my camera is turned off it drains the battery at an alarming rate. My best guess is that the moisture has short circuited something in my battery box causing it to drain the juice even though everything is off. My solution to this is that I'll need to take my battery out if I'm not using my camera and also put my battery in when I want to use it. This will make taking pictures of quick passing moments much more difficult, but I can hardly complain. My camera works.

I spoiled myself today with big breakfast meals, endless coffees and unlimited Internet. I quite enjoy spending a day submersed in a cozy cafe, editing photos and ordering every tasty thing my body craves off the menu.

My evenings were spent drinking wine and eating pizza with Wietse and going to more movies. It's easter weekend coming up here in Wanaka, and I've arrived in perfect time to leave town before the festivities begin. Wanaka holds one of the biggest air shows in the southern hemisphere over easter, and every bit of accommodation has been booked out. So after a few good rest days I will be heading over the Motatepu track towards Arrow town.

Comments

Popular Posts