Day 62 - Queenstown

Rest day today, and a good day for one. The weather was very wet so I took the opportunity to be productive. After a nice breakfast with Ryan and his flatmates I headed to an outdoor store, purchased some down wash, and begun the long process of cleaning my sleeping bag. I've been using this sleeping bag for a long time now, and overtime the down feathers get dirty, and absorb all sorts of oils off my body which have resulted in poor insulation. The last week's to Bluff will be cold, as winter is moving in much faster than normal here in New Zealand.

After spending hours at the laundromat, I also took care of some other things. I bought my flight from Invercargil to Wellington, my shuttle to the Greenstone track for tomorrow, and food supply for 5 days.

By the time I made it back to Ryan's place it was dinner, and he invited me to a friend of his BBQ. We got there around 6pm, and stayed until late. Much later than I was planning on staying out that night. It was a solid party, but quite a bit overwhelming for me. People in general have been overwhelming for me after such solitude on the trail, and mix that with loud personalities and alcohol and you can image how I felt. All and all it was a fun night, and after countless beers later Ryan and I jump in a cab back to his place and I fell asleep into my cozy clean fluffy sleeping bag. Tomorrow's going to be rough.

Comments

Popular Posts