Day 69 - Aparima Hut to Lower Wararki Hut

I woke up to the sound of Paul the hunter sawing wood outside. He was up earliest and decided to get a fire going to warm up the hut. This combined with the blue sky outside set me up for a cheerful morning. The trail notes mentioned the track was slow going and hard to follow through the forest so Stef and Heiner and I teamed up to hike the trail as three. We left late, but still while their was blue sky above us, and made ourselves toward Lower Wararki hut.

It turned out to be very easy to follow the trail. I hiked in the middle while Stef took the lead and Heiner in the back. Since I didn't need to actually follow the track - and instead just follow Stefs lead - I was able to hike without paying much attention to where I was going and just talk the day away. Although the weather was forecasted to be really rough today we were able reach the hut without any rain. It was only 330pm when we reached the hut but since the sun is now setting at 630pm we decided to stop. This hut also had a fireplace so Heiner and I gathered a bunch of firewood and I made sure we had a fire going for the rest of the night.

Less than 200km to Bluff.

Comments

Popular Posts