Day 75 - Colac Bay to Riverton

I woke up this morning with excitement and eagerness, but was soon sad and distraught when I found out the tavern wasn't open for breakfast (like the sign said it was) and I was forced to start my day eating granola bars yet again. It was less than 15km to Riverton so I made my way as fast as I could with the motivation to get there while a cafe is still serving breakfast. I walked with Stef and Heiner and Geome, but as we made our way along the beach we all soon became slightly dispersed, and I found myself walking on my own for most of the day.

After the beach there was one last climb - the last climb on TA - before reaching a lookout with views of Oreti Beach and Riverton. The beach was much longer than I thought it would be, but that's tomorrow's challenge.

When I reached the holiday park In Riverton I was completely shocked and surprised to see my good friend Troy casually sitting at a picnic bench enjoying a warm cup of coffee. I haven't seen Troy for over a month, but he's been behind me by only a few days that entire time. He skipped the Longwood forest - and I don't blame him - and wanted to meet up with our crew to walk the final days into bluff. Another TA hiker named Chase was also at the Holiday park making our group of six now a group of eight. The more the merrier on these last days and the combined excitement of everyone was encouraging. 2 days to go to bluff! 2 freaken days!

I spent the rest if the day resting as much as I could and eating as much food as I could from a local cafe in town.

Later that evening a group of adults and their kids put on a talent show and everyone was welcome to participate in on the fun. Chase and I at one point found our selves on a stage doing some sort of interpretive dance while Geome played the piano. A fun night full of laughter and friends.

It rained hard throughout the night - as every night has been these days - but I enjoyed it as much as I possibly could. This would be my final night in my tent on trail.

Comments

Popular Posts